How to be a successful publisher on Kavyar
I. Platform overview
II. Make your Publisher Page look great
III. Make your calls for work stand out
IV. How to get more exposure
V. Growing your brand and reputation
VI. Getting Help
Best in Design
Logo Best Practices
How to Update Your Payout Info
How to Send Tear Sheets to Contributors
Publisher Page Overview
How to Upgrade Your Account
How to Add a Cover Image to a Call for Work
How to Upload a Logo
Starring Calls For Work
Adding Pro Discounts
How to Upload Featured Published Work
How to Upload a Cover Image to a Publisher Page
Creating Call for Work Options
How to Add Guidelines and Response Templates
PRO Upgrade Commission Program
Sponsored Calls for Work
How to Add Team Members to Your Publisher Account
Adding Submission Options
Creating Private Calls For Work
How to Add a Call For Work
48-Hour Response for PRO Members
Cancel my publisher subscription
How to Update Your Publisher Information
How to Add Rights and Exclusivity
Overview of Calls for Work
How to Add a Mood Board
How to Fill Out Basic Info
Call for Work Option Included Services Glossary
How to Add a Tagline and Bio
How to Add Image and Wardrobe Credit Requirements
Only on Kavyar
How to Add a genre or theme to a call for work
How to Add and Remove Featured Magazine Covers
Kavyar Community and Membership
My Portfolio Was Not Accepted. What Next?
Privacy & Safety
Cancel my subscription
Why are certain links hidden from my Kavyar profile?
What is sensitive content?
How do message credits work?
What are genres?
Portfolio Website and Bio Link
What are Website and Bio Link?
What Is a Portfolio Website?
What Is a Bio Link?
How to Edit Your Bio Link
FAQ - Portfolio Website and Bio Link
Connecting a Name.com Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a Squarespace Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a GoDaddy Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a Domain to your Kavyar Site
How to edit a submission
What Are Contribution and Advertising Options?
How to message publishers on a submission
Exclusive photos and exclusivity periods
How do I cancel a submission?
What Are Submission Upsells?
What Is Kavyar Submitter Protection?
I have a question about my submission. Who should I contact?
How to upload release forms
How Do I Submit My Work to Publishers?
Terms of Service
Policies for Publishers
Kavyar Subscription Commission Program Terms
Guidelines for Submitters
How do I credit collaborators?
I accidentally opted out. Can I still receive special offers?
When will I get my tearsheets?
How do I make photos private?
How do I remove my credit from an image?
How long will it take for my submission to be reviewed?
How to add or edit team credits on a photo
Who owns the image copyright?
When will my submission be published?
How to delete a photo from your profile
How do I delete my Kavyar account?
Add captions to photos
How do I make photos public?
Table of Contents
- All Categories
- For Publishers
- How to Send Tear Sheets to Contributors
How to Send Tear Sheets to Contributors
Updated by Josh Romphf
As a publisher, there are two ways to send tear sheets to your contributors:
- Using the Tear Sheets Tool (Recommended)
- Using a File Sharing Service
Video Overview of Tear Sheet Tool
Recommended: Using the Tear Sheets Tool
Kavyar offers a simple tool to help publishers share tear sheets with submitters. To add tear sheets to an accepted submission:
- Click on an accepted submission from the Publisher Dashboard
- From the submission detail view, click the + Tears button. You will then see the Add Tear Sheets form
- To upload images locally from your computer, click Upload from Computer
- To add images from a Dropbox account, click Add from Dropbox
- Select the Immediately option to make the tear sheets instantly available to the submitter. To make the tear sheets available at a later date, select the On future date option and provide a date
- If you want to notify the submitter when their tear sheets are ready, check the Send message to submitter box. To customize the message, simply edit the Message to submitter field below the checkbox
- Click Send when ready. The tear sheets will be available to download or remove in the submission detail view of the publisher dashboard
Submitters can download their tear sheets from either the chat or detail sections of their accepted submission.
Alternate Method: Using a File Sharing Service
To share tear sheets uploaded to a file sharing service (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc), post the link in a submission message. Submitters can then open the link from the submission chat: