How to be a successful publisher on Kavyar
I. Platform overview
II. Make your Publisher Page look great
III. Make your calls for work stand out
IV. How to get more exposure
V. Growing your brand and reputation
VI. Getting Help
Best in Design
Logo Best Practices
How to Update Your Payout Info
How to Send Tear Sheets to Contributors
Publisher Page Overview
How to Upgrade Your Account
How to Add a Cover Image to a Call for Work
How to Upload a Logo
Starring Calls For Work
Adding Pro Discounts
How to Upload Featured Published Work
How to Upload a Cover Image to a Publisher Page
Creating Call for Work Options
How to Add Guidelines and Response Templates
PRO Upgrade Commission Program
Sponsored Calls for Work
How to Add Team Members to Your Publisher Account
Adding Submission Options
Genre list update
Creating Private Calls For Work
How to Add a Call For Work
48-Hour Response for PRO Members
Cancel my publisher subscription
How to Update Your Publisher Information
How to Add Rights and Exclusivity
Overview of Calls for Work
How to Add a Mood Board
How to Fill Out Basic Info
Call for Work Option Included Services Glossary
How to Add a Tagline and Bio
How to Add Image and Wardrobe Credit Requirements
Only on Kavyar
How to Add a genre or theme to a call for work
How to Add and Remove Featured Magazine Covers
Kavyar Community and Membership
Guidelines for AI-Generated Work
Glossary of Genres
My Portfolio Was Not Accepted. What Next?
Privacy & Safety
DMCA Copyright Infringement Policy and Takedown Requests
Cancel my subscription
Request removal of a deceased person's Kavyar account
Creating Your Model Digitals: A Comprehensive Guide
Why are certain links hidden from my Kavyar profile?
What is sensitive content?
How do message credits work?
What are genres and keywords?
Portfolio Website and Bio Link
What are Website and Bio Link?
What Is a Portfolio Website?
What Is a Bio Link?
How to Edit Your Bio Link
FAQ - Portfolio Website and Bio Link
Connecting a Name.com Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a Squarespace Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a GoDaddy Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a Domain to your Kavyar Site
How to edit a submission
What Are Contribution and Advertising Options?
How to message publishers on a submission
Exclusive photos and exclusivity periods
How do I cancel a submission?
What Are Submission Upsells?
What Is Kavyar Submitter Protection?
I have a question about my submission. Who should I contact?
How to upload release forms
Saved Calls for Work
How Do I Submit My Work to Publishers?
Terms of Service
Policies for Publishers
Prohibited Content Policy
Kavyar Subscription Commission Program Terms
Guidelines for Submitters
How do I credit collaborators?
I accidentally opted out. Can I still receive special offers?
When will I get my tearsheets?
How do I make photos private?
How do I remove my credit from an image?
How long will it take for my submission to be reviewed?
How to add or edit team credits on a photo
Who owns the image copyright?
When will my submission be published?
How to delete a photo from your profile
How do I delete my Kavyar account?
Add captions to photos
How do I make photos public?
Updated by Kaesy Sanders
How Do I Submit My Work to Publishers?
Kavyar makes getting your photos published incredibly easy.
- On Kavyar you can select from 100s of active calls for work. You can filter these by medium, genre and more.
- After you click on a call for work, make sure you review the image requirements and guidelines to make sure the call for work is a good fit.
- Choose a submission option, most of our publishers offer free and paid options
- After you choose an option, you can upload your photos. Kavyar will automatically check your photos to make sure they are the correct size and format, and alert you if there is a problem.
- While your photos are uploading you can add your team credits. Kavyar may auto detect credits for you and make suggestions. To add a new credit, simply type the team members name in the credit field.
- Make sure to add wardrobe credits as well.
- After adding credits to each of your photos, add your title, optional artist statement, and verify that you are the copyright holder.
- When you are finished adding all of your credits and information click submit. Your submission will be sent directly to the magazine for review.
- Now you just sit back and wait for the magazine to review your submission. Notifications will be sent to your email address. However you can check on the status of a submission at any time by clicking the submissions link.
- The magazine may either accept your submission, pass on the submission, or send you a message with questions.
If accepted you will be able to review your estimated publication date right on the submission.
If you need to communicate directly with the magazine, you can send a message through the submission.
- Unlike email, when you submit through Kavyar you are protected. All publishers are vetted and are held to strict policies. We have responsive support and fast dispute resolution.
We fully support and guarantee all financial transactions made through Kavyar.
With nearly 800 publishers, Kavyar is the world's leading platform photography teams trust to get published.