How to be a successful publisher on Kavyar
I. Platform overview
II. Make your Publisher Page look great
III. Make your calls for work stand out
IV. How to get more exposure
V. Growing your brand and reputation
VI. Getting Help
Best in Design
Logo Best Practices
How to Update Your Payout Info
How to Send Tear Sheets to Contributors
Publisher Page Overview
How to Upgrade Your Account
How to Add a Cover Image to a Call for Work
How to Upload a Logo
Starring Calls For Work
Adding Pro Discounts
How to Upload Featured Published Work
How to Upload a Cover Image to a Publisher Page
Creating Call for Work Options
How to Add Guidelines and Response Templates
PRO Upgrade Commission Program
Sponsored Calls for Work
How to Add Team Members to Your Publisher Account
Adding Submission Options
Genre list update
Creating Private Calls For Work
How to Add a Call For Work
48-Hour Response for PRO Members
Cancel my publisher subscription
How to Update Your Publisher Information
How to Add Rights and Exclusivity
Overview of Calls for Work
How to Add a Mood Board
How to Fill Out Basic Info
Call for Work Option Included Services Glossary
How to Add a Tagline and Bio
How to Add Image and Wardrobe Credit Requirements
Only on Kavyar
How to Add a genre or theme to a call for work
How to Add and Remove Featured Magazine Covers
Kavyar Community and Membership
Guidelines for AI-Generated Work
Glossary of Genres
My Portfolio Was Not Accepted. What Next?
Privacy & Safety
Cancel my subscription
Why are certain links hidden from my Kavyar profile?
What is sensitive content?
How do message credits work?
What are genres and keywords?
Portfolio Website and Bio Link
What are Website and Bio Link?
What Is a Portfolio Website?
What Is a Bio Link?
How to Edit Your Bio Link
FAQ - Portfolio Website and Bio Link
Connecting a Name.com Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a Squarespace Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a GoDaddy Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a Domain to your Kavyar Site
How to edit a submission
What Are Contribution and Advertising Options?
How to message publishers on a submission
Exclusive photos and exclusivity periods
How do I cancel a submission?
What Are Submission Upsells?
What Is Kavyar Submitter Protection?
I have a question about my submission. Who should I contact?
How to upload release forms
How Do I Submit My Work to Publishers?
Terms of Service
Policies for Publishers
Kavyar Subscription Commission Program Terms
Guidelines for Submitters
How do I credit collaborators?
I accidentally opted out. Can I still receive special offers?
When will I get my tearsheets?
How do I make photos private?
How do I remove my credit from an image?
How long will it take for my submission to be reviewed?
How to add or edit team credits on a photo
Who owns the image copyright?
When will my submission be published?
How to delete a photo from your profile
How do I delete my Kavyar account?
Add captions to photos
How do I make photos public?
Updated by Justin Kramer
Your Kavyar publisher page is where all the information about your publication is displayed, such as branding, active calls for work, featured covers, and more. Advertisers and contributors scan these pages to make split-second decisions as to whether or not they should work with your publication.
- Cover Image: If you have a Premium or Elite account, you will have the option to display a cover image on your main publisher page. Make sure your cover image is a single image with no text or graphics and matches your desired aesthetic.
- Logo: Your logo is an essential part of your brand. An amazing logo that looks great can help attract prospective contributors and advertisers. Your logo should have a transparent background and look good in all sizes.
- Featured Covers: Covers are one of the most important pieces of your brand and a great way for prospective contributors and advertisers to evaluate your publication quickly. Covers are featured prominently throughout Kavyar’s platform. Not adding covers will reduce your exposure within Kavyar.
- Calls for Work: Calls for work are how you display contribution and advertising opportunities that your publication is currently looking for.
- About: Contact information, bio, links, and other information should be up-to-date and mistake-free. Misspellings, missing links, or other issues in your information are red flags to prospective contributors or advertisers.
- Team: Fill out your publisher team section with real photos, names, and titles. This makes prospective contributors and advertisers feel more comfortable working with your publication and increases trust.
- Published Work: Uploading photos to your published work section will rotate them through Kavyar’s global feeds and draw traffic to your publication. Kavyar uses these photos in different ways throughout the system, so make sure that they are free of text and graphics.