How to be a successful publisher on Kavyar
I. Platform overview
II. Make your Publisher Page look great
III. Make your calls for work stand out
IV. How to get more exposure
V. Growing your brand and reputation
VI. Getting Help
Best in Design
Logo Best Practices
How to Update Your Payout Info
How to Send Tear Sheets to Contributors
Publisher Page Overview
How to Upgrade Your Account
How to Add a Cover Image to a Call for Work
How to Upload a Logo
Starring Calls For Work
Adding Pro Discounts
How to Upload Featured Published Work
How to Upload a Cover Image to a Publisher Page
Creating Call for Work Options
How to Add Guidelines and Response Templates
PRO Upgrade Commission Program
Sponsored Calls for Work
How to Add Team Members to Your Publisher Account
Adding Submission Options
Genre list update
Creating Private Calls For Work
How to Add a Call For Work
48-Hour Response for PRO Members
Cancel my publisher subscription
How to Update Your Publisher Information
How to Add Rights and Exclusivity
Overview of Calls for Work
How to Add a Mood Board
How to Fill Out Basic Info
Call for Work Option Included Services Glossary
How to Add a Tagline and Bio
How to Add Image and Wardrobe Credit Requirements
Only on Kavyar
How to Add a genre or theme to a call for work
How to Add and Remove Featured Magazine Covers
Kavyar Community and Membership
Guidelines for AI-Generated Work
Glossary of Genres
My Portfolio Was Not Accepted. What Next?
Privacy & Safety
Cancel my subscription
Why are certain links hidden from my Kavyar profile?
What is sensitive content?
How do message credits work?
What are genres and keywords?
Portfolio Website and Bio Link
What are Website and Bio Link?
What Is a Portfolio Website?
What Is a Bio Link?
How to Edit Your Bio Link
FAQ - Portfolio Website and Bio Link
Connecting a Name.com Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a Squarespace Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a GoDaddy Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a Domain to your Kavyar Site
How to edit a submission
What Are Contribution and Advertising Options?
How to message publishers on a submission
Exclusive photos and exclusivity periods
How do I cancel a submission?
What Are Submission Upsells?
What Is Kavyar Submitter Protection?
I have a question about my submission. Who should I contact?
How to upload release forms
How Do I Submit My Work to Publishers?
Terms of Service
Policies for Publishers
Kavyar Subscription Commission Program Terms
Guidelines for Submitters
How do I credit collaborators?
I accidentally opted out. Can I still receive special offers?
When will I get my tearsheets?
How do I make photos private?
How do I remove my credit from an image?
How long will it take for my submission to be reviewed?
How to add or edit team credits on a photo
Who owns the image copyright?
When will my submission be published?
How to delete a photo from your profile
How do I delete my Kavyar account?
Add captions to photos
How do I make photos public?
Updated by Justin Kramer
- Choose Yes or No if exclusivity is required
- Many magazines are moving away from requiring exclusivity as it allows for many more submissions
- Choose Yes or No if editing will be locked upon submission approval
- This means the submitter cannot make changes after accepting. The implication of this if you want to allow submitters to update after submitting you will need to unlock the submission manually.
- Choose the copyright policy
- Choose how many days you will hold exclusivity after the close date
- This only applies for Exclusive submissions and only after the submission has been accepted. This means that only your magazine should be able to post or share the images after accepting.
- Choose how many days after the close date to Auto-reject submissions
- Auto-reject is only available for free submissions. All paid submissions MUST be manually accepted or rejected. Paid submissions that are not accepted or rejected in the review timeframe specified are subject to refund.