How to be a successful publisher on Kavyar
I. Platform overview
II. Make your Publisher Page look great
III. Make your calls for work stand out
IV. How to get more exposure
V. Growing your brand and reputation
VI. Getting Help
Best in Design
Logo Best Practices
How to Update Your Payout Info
How to Send Tear Sheets to Contributors
Publisher Page Overview
How to Upgrade Your Account
How to Add a Cover Image to a Call for Work
How to Upload a Logo
Starring Calls For Work
Adding Pro Discounts
How to Upload Featured Published Work
How to Upload a Cover Image to a Publisher Page
Creating Call for Work Options
How to Add Guidelines and Response Templates
PRO Upgrade Commission Program
Sponsored Calls for Work
How to Add Team Members to Your Publisher Account
Adding Submission Options
Genre list update
Creating Private Calls For Work
How to Add a Call For Work
48-Hour Response for PRO Members
Cancel my publisher subscription
How to Update Your Publisher Information
How to Add Rights and Exclusivity
Overview of Calls for Work
How to Add a Mood Board
How to Fill Out Basic Info
Call for Work Option Included Services Glossary
How to Add a Tagline and Bio
How to Add Image and Wardrobe Credit Requirements
Only on Kavyar
How to Add a genre or theme to a call for work
How to Add and Remove Featured Magazine Covers
Kavyar Community and Membership
Glossary of Genres
My Portfolio Was Not Accepted. What Next?
Privacy & Safety
Cancel my subscription
Why are certain links hidden from my Kavyar profile?
What is sensitive content?
How do message credits work?
What are genres?
Portfolio Website and Bio Link
What are Website and Bio Link?
What Is a Portfolio Website?
What Is a Bio Link?
How to Edit Your Bio Link
FAQ - Portfolio Website and Bio Link
Connecting a Name.com Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a Squarespace Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a GoDaddy Domain to Your Kavyar Site
Connecting a Domain to your Kavyar Site
How to edit a submission
What Are Contribution and Advertising Options?
How to message publishers on a submission
Exclusive photos and exclusivity periods
How do I cancel a submission?
What Are Submission Upsells?
What Is Kavyar Submitter Protection?
I have a question about my submission. Who should I contact?
How to upload release forms
How Do I Submit My Work to Publishers?
Terms of Service
Policies for Publishers
Kavyar Subscription Commission Program Terms
Guidelines for Submitters
How do I credit collaborators?
I accidentally opted out. Can I still receive special offers?
When will I get my tearsheets?
How do I make photos private?
How do I remove my credit from an image?
How long will it take for my submission to be reviewed?
How to add or edit team credits on a photo
Who owns the image copyright?
When will my submission be published?
How to delete a photo from your profile
How do I delete my Kavyar account?
Add captions to photos
How do I make photos public?
- All Categories
- For Publishers
- Overview of Calls for Work
Overview of Calls for Work
Updated by Justin Kramer
Calls for work are how you display contribution and advertising opportunities that your publication is currently looking for.
With over 1,000 active calls for work on Kavyar, structuring your calls properly can be the difference between getting a handful of submissions versus hundreds of submissions.
- Cover Image: Publication covers display in a number of different sizes on the Get Published page. Using a single photo and keeping it simple will help you stand out and make your branding more visible.
- Title: Shorter titles convert better than longer titles. Pay attention to information that is already displayed near your call for work and do not repeat it in the title.
- Medium and Genre: Be specific when selecting a genre. Selecting only one genre on a call for work will automatically place you in a special section titled “Specializing in…” at the top of the Get Published genre pages.
- Dates: This is where important dates are listed for the submission.
- Image Requirements: Image size and format are listed here.
- Guidelines: Adding guidelines to your call will make sure contributors know exactly what you are looking for. You can also add a mood board from Pinterest or by adding a link to a graphic you created and uploaded to the internet here.
- Contribute: Create clear and compelling submission options. Limit the total number of submission options to 5 or fewer. Having 2 contribution options and 3 advertising options is common.