Updated by Justin Kramer
Blocking can be a useful tool for protecting your privacy, maintaining a positive online experience, and avoiding conflicts or discomfort.
What happens when you block someone
If you block a person, they will no longer be able to see your profile or photos you post. You can still see their profile, however (with most info hidden).
Blocking someone also prevents them from interacting with you. They cannot follow you, send you messages, or credit you, for example.
There are many nuances to how blocking works, especially when it comes to photos with multiple credits, where some of the credits are blocked and some are not. See the Blocking Details section below for a full rundown of how it all works.
How to block someone
Go to their profile and press the “...” icon, then press “Block Profile” and confirm.
How to block a photo
Go to the photo and press the “...” icon, then press “Block Photo” and confirm.
How to view your blocked people and photos
Navigate to Settings > Privacy and Safety and press “Manage Blocked Profiles” or “Manage Blocked Photos”.
How to unblock a person or photo
Navigate to Settings > Privacy and Safety and press “Manage Blocked Profiles” or “Manage Blocked Photos”. Then press “Unblock” next to the person or photo you’d like to unblock.
- If you block someone, they will no longer be able to see your profile or photos you post
- Blocking someone (or being blocked by someone else) also prevents:
- Loving/commenting/mentioning on uploaded work
- Starting or submitting a submission (when a publisher blocks someone)
- Sending a submission message on a canceled submission (when a publisher blocks a submitter)
- Blocking a photo will remove it from all of your feeds
- A photo is considered blocked if you blocked the photo directly OR if you blocked the original poster
- If you blocked anyone else credited besides the poster, the photo will show, but their credit will be hidden
- If you block one of your collaborators, their credits will NOT be hidden on your photos
- If you love or comment on a photo with a blocked credit (not the poster), they will not get a notification, but other credited people will
- Blocking a collaborator does not change the status of any existing credits, but does prevent new credits from being added
- Past notifications and messages from a blocked profile will show but no new notifications from blocked profiles will be created
- Blocked profiles can show in Find People browse/search, but their photos won't show and you can't follow them or view their full profile